Saturday, October 11, 2014

Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies

Fall to me means beautiful colors, crisp air, sweaters, boots, pumpkins, apples, football and baking. On a lesser note, it also mean more camo than I care to see thrown in my entry way.... thanks Chris.  I have a love/ hate relationship with Fall.  I love everything about Fall except knowing that it is leading me to Winter. I always feel like I'm on a mission to do anything and everything in Fall because I know that in a few short months we'll be trapped in the house due to the ice and snow that will NOT go away..... grrr... I get mad just thinking about it.

Anyways, back to Fall..... I love to bake and this is the best time of year to do it.  I try to make something once a week to satisfy our sweet teeth (multiple of sweet tooth??).  I know, it's the most healthy habit ever.  

This week I went classic with one of Chris' favorites- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies. The recipe is at the end of the post.



Here's a tip from my Momma.  When you have to measure out peanut butter, first spray your measuring cup with non-stick spray.  It helps the peanut butter come right out.




Blend the peanut butter and shortening.



Add your sugars and blend again.



Add the rest of your ingredients and blend one more time.



Give the bowl of the mixer a final scrape with a spoon to make sure there aren't any un-mixed ingredients in the bottom.



Roll into balls and dip in sugar.



Bake 'em up.



Kiss 'em.  Muah!



Eat 'em up.

What you need:
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1-3/4 cup AP flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • Hershey Kisses
How you do it:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350.  Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
  2. Blend shortening and peanut butter with an electric mixer. 
  3. Add 1/2 cup of sugar and the brown sugar. 
  4. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until just combined.
  5. Roll into 1" balls and dip each ball in sugar. 
  6. Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
  7. Kiss it!  Put a Hershey Kiss in the center of each cookie immediately.

-Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
www.lifeonagravelroad.com
and update your bookmarks.