Monday, March 4, 2013

The Nursery

About a year ago, we started the process of turning our spare bedroom into the nursery.  For the nursery I wanted a space that was light and airy with a feminine touch without being in-your-face pink.  I have seen so many nursery's for little girls that were nothing but pink pink pink.... call me crazy, but I didn't want to feel like I fell into a bottle of Pepto-Bismol.  Don't get me wrong, I think a pink nursery can work, but you have to choose just the right shade of pink... that was a road I didn't want to head down. 

When we started out, this is what the bedroom looked like.

 
 
 
It was an unfinished space.  We hadn't painted, we hadn't replaced the curtains... basically we threw a bed in there.  The only part about this room I liked was the throw pillow and quilt that my mom bought for me when we moved in.  In fact, I have since moved the pillow and quilt into my home office.
 
We jumped the gun a bit and bought a crib before we painted.  Chris was a good sport and put together the crib a whole 5 months early to make his pregnant wife happy :)
 


Next came the paint.  We choose Shagreen from Sherwin Williams.  I can honestly say even after living with this paint color for about 10 months now, I still LOVE it!!  It just feels like a happy color :)

 
 
 

Next came painting the trim white.

 
 
 

I wanted to do something unique and fun for this room.  I had never gotten to decorate a kids room before and I just wanted to have fun with it.  So, I painted a tree on the wall!  I had a blast!!


Add in a few DIY projects, more furniture and some accessories and we had a finished nursery.

 
 
 
 
 

 

In the next few posts, I'll share some of the DIY projects that I did in this room.  I had so much fun decorating it and re-living it through these posts makes me downright giddy ;)

-Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
www.lifeonagravelroad.com
and update your bookmarks.