Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Nursery Dresser Re-do

One of my favorite things in the nursery is the dresser.  It's a small dresser (probably really a night stand) but who needs a huge dresser taking up all that space?

I think my favorite part about this dresser is that is was in Chris' room when he was growing up.  It's a bit more girly now, but at least Khloe has a part of her Daddy's room in her room :)


The dresser was in pretty rough shape.  It was very scuffed and beat up.  Turns out, all it needed was a little TLC!!!

First came my least favorite part of any furniture re-do.... sanding..... I LOATHE sanding.....

After that came the fun part... PAINT!!!

 
I used Sherwin Williams paint, just the off-the-shelf white.  It took 4 coats.

 
 
After it was painted white, I decided to put a little pink stencil on the drawers.  Simple enough!

 
I re-used the hardware on the top drawer, but I gave it a facelift.  I spray painted it chrome.  I bought new hardware for the bottom drawer. 

 

 
There are a few overlaps on the stencil, but hey, it gives it character ;)

-Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
www.lifeonagravelroad.com
and update your bookmarks.