Monday, July 18, 2011

House Tour- The Living Room

So, I thought to get started I would show you what our house started out as and what it looks like now.  We still have a LONG way to go!  At this point, we still have some rooms that aren’t even painted… YIKES!!  Here’s what we’ve got so far.

Let’s start with the front living room, this is the room with the front door, so it’s the first one you see when you come in.



These pictures were actually in the “construction” phase of the house... scary, I know.
Then we painted…. and it wasn’t much better….


That’s the hubby J


This was what the living room looked like until about 6 months ago.  I DESPISED didn’t like the color, but I made myself live with it for about a year.  I really wanted to think about what I didn’t like about it (plus, Chris wouldn’t help re-paint it that soon after painting, I don’t think he wanted to move the piano).  I realized that I still wanted to go with green, but not that slap-you-in-the-face green.  I also realized that green was basically the only color in this room.  I was having a hard time getting away from the green and brown.  So… we started over.  This time I went with a different, lighter shade of green.  This new green is Sherwin Williams Grassland in eggshell finish.  I also added some pops of red.  I wanted to go red and green without a Christmas vibe.  I think by going with the lighter shade of green it looks less holiday-ish.



So there you have it... my living room, or as I like to call it, the green monster (at least it was when I painted it the first time).  Tomorrow I'll show you my kitchen... I better go clean it- you don't want to see my clutter!! 

-Brooke  Y

No comments:

Post a Comment

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
www.lifeonagravelroad.com
and update your bookmarks.