Monday, February 13, 2012

Master Re-Do

I've had baby on my mind.  By the way, the baby is now affectionately called "Jelly Bean" :).  Anyways, I've had Jelly Bean on my mind.  In fact I haven't had much else on my mind lately.  Any time I think about eating, I think about JB, any time I think about sleeping, I think about JB.  Any time I think about decorating, it's the nursery, and anytime I read anything it's baby books and magazines.  All this to say.... am I the only person who has ever gotten pregnancy burn out???  Don't get me wrong, I love the little Jelly Bean, but I think I need something else to think about for a little while! 

So with all this thinking, I decided on my next project.  After the baby is born, it will be all about the nursery and the baby-proofing the rest of the house.  So I figured before the baby comes, it might be time to finish up our master bedroom and bathroom.  Who doesn't need a nice retreat.  Especially when there's a baby in the house?

I attempted to decorate our bedroom when we first moved in.  "Attempted" being the key word.  I had just started this whole decorating thing and really didn't know what I was doing.  Not that I know what I'm doing now, but I know a little more about what we like.

Here's how it looks now.  I love the red accent wall in my family room, so I thought I would like the dark brown one here.  Turns out the room was just too small.  It made the room very dark.  Again I thought this wasn't such a bad thing because it is a bedroom.  As time went on, I realized it was just too dark.  Even in the day it was so dreary in there.

 Here are the problems with the room now:
  • The room is too small for the accent wall.
  • The lamps are too small
  • The paint is satin (ugh) too shiny!
  • The trim needs painted white
  • The room is too dark
So here's what I need to do to remedy:
  • Re-paint the entire room a creamy tan
  • Replace the lamps- we never use the lamps, so I may find something more creative
  • Paint with egshell paint
  • Paint the trim
With the Jelly Bean on the way, I can't spend too much money on redecorating.  I have the paint already.  I love the bedspread, so it's definitely going to be re-used.  I may add in a few new throw pillows to mix it up a bit.  Since I won't be spending very much, I'm going to have to get crafty.  This room will take a while because I have so many projects I want to do for it.  I'll keep you updated!

P.S.- Did you notice the new layout of the blog?  Be sure to check out the new tabs at the top!

-Brooke


No comments:

Post a Comment

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
www.lifeonagravelroad.com
and update your bookmarks.