Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Operation Kitchen Organization: The Pantry- Day 1

Just stopping by for a quick update on my kitchen organization mission.  I decided to start out with the the pantry, mainly because I've been pinning almost every pantry picture I could find on Pinterest.  That and the fact that I brought home groceries and couldn't fit them into my pantry....  I couldn't take it anymore, I had to get my pantry whipped into shape!

This is what it started out looking like...



I was almost too embarrassed to show these... almost.  :)  It was really bad.  As you can see in the last pic, the toaster had even fallen off the shelf.  (actually I didn't notice that until now or I would have picked it up for the pics)

So last night and into today, I took everything out to have a clean slate to work with.
The clean slate for the pantry meant a not-so-clean kitchen.  How does that much food fit into that little closet?!?!?  I guess the good thing about doing a project like this is that you have to finish it pretty quick!


I was going to leave it white, but it turned out to be really scuffed up, so I decided to paint.  I also decided that after almost 2 years in my house, it was time to take the tags off the shelve, ha ha.


So, I cleaned the shelves, removed the tags and painted.  That's as far as I've gotten.  Here it is with 1 very splotchy coat of paint.  It will definitely need another coat.  



I have something special in mind to finish up the paint job.  (You didn't think I would just leave it tan, did you?)  Be back later with more updates, but for tonight, I'm settling down for some TV.

Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
www.lifeonagravelroad.com
and update your bookmarks.